Get your copy NOW!
- Posted on:
- Posted by: BrianButler
- Posted in: Aboriginal & Islander Australians, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and families, Aboriginal History, Aboriginal History Making, Aboriginal Terms of Reference (ATR), Aboriginal Warriors, Aboriginal Youth, Aboriginalisation, Accountability, Achievement, Ambassador, Be kind to yourself, Brian & Nicola Butler, Brian Butler, Care for Self, Care Journalism, Caring & Sharing, Circle Healing, Collaboration, Colonisation, Compassion, Contemplation, Creativity, Cultural Guidance, Cultural Safety, Cultural Traditions, Culturally Safe Environs, Determination, Develop to Full Potential, Education, Elders, Empowerment, Environment, Equality, Ethical Behaviour, Ethics, Extraordinary, First Nations, First Nations Health, First Nations Leadership, First Nations Media, Grass Roots, Harmony, Healing, Health, Healthy Communication, Human Rights, Humanity, Identity, Imagination, In The Media, Ingenuity, Inner Voice, Innovation, Inspiration, International Ambassador, Intuition, IP, Joy, Justice Reinvestment, Kindness, Knowledge, Lateral Love, Lateral Love Ambassador, Lateral Love Australia, Lateral Violence, Laughter, Leadership, Life, Loss, Love, Love Activists, Magnanimity, Moral Standing, Morals, Multi Award winning writers, Not For Profit, Nurturing, Nutrition, Openness, Oral Histories, Organisations Doing Good Things, Our News Our Way, Parenting, Participation, Peace, Performance, Portrayal of Aboriginal People in Mainstream Media, Positive Actualisation, Positive Interactions, Positive Participation, Positive Steps Forward, Purpose of Intent, Recognition, Recommended Resources, Reconciliation, Reflection, Reflexivity, Relationships, Remote Aboriginal Communities, Respect, Sacred Heritage, Self Actualisation, Self Determination Principles, Self Evaluation, Self Love, Self Worth, Sense of Purpose, Service, Significance, Social Media, Social Networking, Social Reinvestment, Spirituality, Stolen Generations, Story, Storytelling, Suicide Prevention, Support, Systemic Advocacy, The Decade of Lateral Love, The Lateral Violence in your Head, Time, Transformation, Transparency, Truth, Unity, Wisdom, Yarning, Youth
- Read Time: 1 minute
Get your copy of Lateral Love Ambassador Don Trent Jacobs (aka Four Arrows) phenomenal book – For the first time in educational publishing, Teaching Truly offers K-16 teachers course-specific guidelines for indigenizing mainstream education. The goal is to facilitate greater educational integrity and relevance in the classroom now, without waiting for more «reforms» to policy, standards or curricula in general. Incorporating reality-based teaching common in traditional Indigenous learning cultures, each chapter first exposes educational hegemony, including that existing within the new «common core standards», and then offers alternative, time-tested perspectives and exercises to counter and/or counter-balance such hegemony. Addressing eight common subject areas, the material can be adapted for different grade levels and can be applied to other mainstream courses.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)