Additional Quote of the Day
- Posted on:
- Posted by: BrianButler
- Posted in: Aboriginal & Islander Australians, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and families, Aboriginal History Making, Aboriginal Resistance, Aboriginal Terms of Reference (ATR), Aboriginal Warriors, Aboriginalisation, Accountability, Activist, Assimilation, Be kind to yourself, Brian & Nicola Butler, Brian Butler, Care for Self, Caring & Sharing, Circle Healing, Colonisation, Commemoration, Compassion, Conscious Creations, Consciously Built Environs, Cultural Guidance, Cultural Safety, Culturally Safe Environs, Definitions, Desecrations, Destruction, Develop to Full Potential, Disrespect, Education, Elders, Empowerment, Eternal, Ethical Behaviour, Ethics, First Nations, First Nations Leadership, Freedom Fighters, Goodwill, Governance, Government, Grass Roots, Harmony, Healing, Health, Healthy Communication, Human Rights, Humanity, Identity, Idle No More, Imagination, Infrastructure, Inspiration, Intellectual Property (IP), IP, Knowledge, Lateral Love, Lateral Love Australia, Lateral Violence, Law, Leadership, Life, Loss, Love, Love Activists, Magnanimity, Media, Moral Standing, Morals, Myths, Nurturing, Openness, Oral Histories, Parenting, Peace, Politicians, Positive Actualisation, Positive Interactions, Positive Participation, Positive Steps Forward, Poverty, Poverty and Destitution, Proof of Aboriginality, Purpose of Intent, Quote of the Day, Racism, Recidivism, Recognition, Recommended Resources, Recommended Viewing, Reflection, Reflexivity, Relationships, Remote Aboriginal Communities, Resolve, Respect, RIP, Royal Commission, Sacred Heritage, Sacrifice, Self Actualisation, Self Determination Principles, Self Evaluation, Sense of Purpose, Service, Significance, Sorry Business, Spirituality, Stolen Generations, Story, Suicide Prevention, Systematic Destruction, Systemic Advocacy, The Decade of Lateral Love, Time, Transformation, Transparency, Truth, Union, United Nations, Unity, Wisdom, Yarning
- Read Time: 1 minute
“My main concern in the current political state, is that we continue with truthful education for the younger generations. For them to be prepared to deal with Lateral Violence and Racism as they strive for their right to live in their own land.
In regard to the constitutional recognition debate, I would like to say that we must look to find the positive benefit in every opportunity that presents to us.
The constitution must have a clause of ‘Zero Tolerance to Lateral Violence & Racism’ to see any real benefit for us as a peoples.” ~ Brian Butler
It is imperative that this current generation make the changes otherwise we will just be handballing the problems and unfinished business to them. Culturally we should be handing down positive things for their future not leaving them with the mess and negative arguments of a bygone era.
Here in South Australia, the amendments to the states founding document (a document that has come from illegal dispossession) have legitimises Aboriginal peoples in the eyes of colonial Law. Our Children and future generations may be able to use this symbolism to advance themselves in the future.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)